Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sharing in Chapel

If you do not know I am an employee of the Kentucky Baptist Convention. One of the greatest benefits of working there is the fact that I am able to worship the Lord freely. The best example of this is Wednesday morning prayer and worship. I went to this service for the first time since becoming a full time employee today and I must say i do not think I would have gone if it had not been for our executive director asking me to share what scripture I wrote on the floor of my office before the carpet went down.

After sharing this morning I got lots of feed back on the scripture I shared and that it had impacted so people so I thought I would put it out here with my notes and thought for who ever else reads think.

"With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalms 119:10-11

Point 1:
Like the other that I work with when I enter the building everyday I am not going to a "job" I am going to a "ministry" and "service". So I placed this scripture reference as a reminder in the opening for my door on the entry to my office.
Point 2:
We all konw what sin did to Christ and we know what sin does to our lives with God. I will hide His word in my heart so that I don't continually drive that nail deeper in to Christ hands. I will remember this verse so that I am not just swipping my little grace credit card issued to me on the day I recieved the free gift of salvation.
Point 3:
This verse is very personal because I have a very hard time memorizing scriptures. It is very easy in our world to get down on ourselves because we are the "model" Christian. But just because I have a hard time doesn't mean I should quit trying. This verse is my uplifting verse when I get down because I am not being able to memorizing something.

No comments: