Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm drinking the Todd Agnew Kool-aid

As many of my friends know, I have a serious guilty pleasure when it comes to music. My favorite artist is with out a doubt The Dave Matthews Band. I am not sure why i have this un-natural love of them. Some say I have a man crush on Dave Matthews and that might be true but the music just speaks to me. I say all that to say I now have a number 2 on my list.

I have liked Todd Agnew for sometime just as many other. It started my dear friend Brooke Hall, God rest her soul, lost her life to cancer at the age of 22. She was an amazing woman of God. She was so amazing that she planned her own funeral and not only did she plan it but she made it a worship experience and took the focus off her death and put it on the right spot....life in Jesus Christ. But at her funeral she had Grace Like Rain played. The song spoke to me on that day and since then I have like Todd Agnew.

Well this weekend at Six Flag he preformed. Now anyone who has every run sound or tech for a concert knows how horrible a "change of the bands" is and can understand when I say the change went horrible. Nothing patched correctly and so when they started the set nothing worked. They finished the first song and Todd began to stall. What came after this was amazing. I heard a sermon to the likes I have never heard before. I mean I have been to a number of churches in the resent years and never heard anything that challenged me more. I would pay to hear him speak much less hear his music. But with that said as they start get things finished in the world of sound he picked up his guitar and started to lead in worship and it was one of the most amazing times of worship I have been apart of in a long time. The spirit moved and you know what, it did matter what church you attended or denomination you claimed to be....all that mattered at that time was the un-matched love of Jesus and what He has done for us.

One final thing that moved me....As he was stalling he made this statement, "God didn't call me hear tonight to make you feel good. God brought me here tonight to challenge and change you." Some people in the crowd(including myself) yelled AMEN and he said(and I won't ever forget this), "hold on now....you better be careful because God will hold you to that." Far to often when we hear something that is true we scream out AMEN as if we knew it but the truth of the matter is that I nor did anyone else in that crowd before that truly believe that God was going to change us. Well he changed me and I don't mean that lightly.

I am drinking the Todd Agnew Kool-Aid!!!

No comments: