Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Carry My Cross

Yet again my favorite band has blown me away with the lyrics of another song. Third day is probably one of the best lyrical Christian rock bands of this time. The song "Carry My Cross" off of their new album is amazing. So many of us have seen "The Passion of the Christ" and realize the great amount of pain that Christ went thru on that day but in all that pain we sometimes forget another important aspect of the Cross, The Shame.

This song is along the lines of "Thief" in that it is an image of the our Savior from the cross. Lyrics below

"So I'll carry my cross
and I'll carry the shame
To the end of the road
Through the stuggle and pain
And I'll do it for love
No, it won't be in vain
Yes, I'll carry my cross
And I'll carry the shame"


This is Christ message to each of us. I pray that you will remember not only the pain and struggle but the shame of dieing on a cross with a crown of thorns on his head and hanging between two theives was and why he did it.....for love.

No comments: