Friday, March 30, 2007

The Gospel in Song

From time to time I think it is important that I post on somethings that I find very enjoyable. I have over time really started to enjoy to listen to Todd Agnew. He is insightful, theological, and just plain deep. I rejoice when I listen to his music and I have some of the best times of worship just simply listen(and singing) to his music. The song lyrics below are from a song of his called "Something Beautiful". I will let the song lyrics speak for themselves. I will say that I totally 100% agree with every word of this song.

"
I am struggling to find a way to make myself attractive to You, attractive to You
I am trying to be more deserving of the gift You have to me, so free

(Chorus:)
It's funny how all I can be is someone completely ugly
And yet when You look at me, You don't see a wretch
You see a reflection of something beautiful

I am searching for the water that can wash me clean enough to earn Your love
I want to stop all the things that break Your heart, but come so natural to me, naturally

(Chorus)

I can't believe you could fall in love with me "

No comments: