Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Idiot on ESPN

Ok I have been absent from the posting world for a few weeks. Mainly because I didn't have anything good to write about. Not a lot is happening in my life that is really worth talking about. The only thing in the past weeks that has happened is that Crystal and I celebrated our two year anniversary. BUt in the grand scope of things we are going to be married for 50 + years, baring good health and fortune, so 2 is not that huge of a deal. so i was sitting at my desk this afternoon catching up on the news and sport when I can across an article on ESPN that just ticked me off.

Idiot on ESPN

If you read this article you will find a guy who expects something out of the NBA that the NBA is not going to produce. Lets think about it.....do you think high school kids want to be Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, Shaq or do you think they want to be Jason Terry or Tony Parker. People don't watch the NBA for team play. Lets face it, we watch the NBA for the ENTERTAINMENT. If this guy is so concerned about "team play", which i don't see how you can say no team play is on the Miami Heat because they heat the "Team" in Detriot, watch College sports. Professional sports are not about team. They are about individual and money. I don't care what anyone says. It is entertainment. So I think Wade hitting 20 ft jumpers and slashing to the basket and dishing to a big dunk for Shaq is awesome and what the NBA is about and should be about. I won't go off about Jordan era bulls but lets look at the Bird Celtic's or the showtime Lakers. They where entertaining and good basketball. But in the concept of team they lacked compared to most college basketball teams. So this Idiot wants the NBA to become college basketball and limit guys like Wade, James and Bryant. Hey jerk! we, the younger dreaming generation, love these guys and what they do.

No comments: