Monday, August 28, 2006

Sin is at your Door Step

This morning on the way to work I was listening to the Truth for Life radio sermon. I sometimes listen to this on my way to work because it does tend to put me in focus on my way to work. But this morning was really intresting to me. It was title "Why good people do bad things."

"Humans do bad things because we make bad decisions." Now I really like this because some people want to make that old statement , "The devil made me do it." That is a load of hogwash. Satan has no power in thie world other than what we give him. Now he did go on to say that other factors are in effect, like the pleasure of sin. Lets face it sin is appealing and if we try to say it isn't then we aren't reading from the same bible.

This sermon was basically about personal responsibilty. One of my biggest problem in our culture, the Christian faith, and in our work is that we as human beings try to put the blame on someone else. But that is is just a pathway to sin. If you flirt with it enough you will be burned. Same applies for all sins, sexual impurity, anger, envy, etc. So remember sin is pleasureable and appealing, "knocking at your door step", but thye choice is yours.

1 comment:

Brenda Rick Smith said...

OK, this is a total aside, but just what is hogwash? I grew up in the sticks, but I don't ever remember running across giant tubs of "hogwash" at Farm and Fleet (F 'n F is the yankee equivalent of Tractor Supply, and where all good northern-variety rednecks such as myself shopped for back-to-school fashions.)

Does one actually wash hogs? Does hogwash come in different formulations, such as extra body or dandruff control?

Just wonderin'.