Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Man I am tired of being busy

Ok one of the things I wished I had known before I got married, and this is not a bad thing or me saying I don't love being married because I absolutly 110% love my wife and being married to her, is te fact that when you are a young married you are hardly ever not busy on the weekends. I mean is college the weekends where the downtime. Now we are always on the go or doing something or being somewhere. It is crazy! Let me just give you a heads up on our schedule for the next few weeks and months
Last weekend - Brother-in-law's graduationg
This weekend - Church 5K run and Dave Ramsey Totle money makeover live event
next weekend - My parents are coming to town for a visit
then we actually have a few weekends home but I am sure I will have yardwork, building work, or something to keep me freom being lazy. this is the norm of the married young working adult. Can I be a kid again?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother!!!! There is no weekend rest for the young marrieds!!! No one ever told me about this phenomenon, but wow have I experienced it. I was hoping that by the time I had been married as long as you have been that it would slow down. :(

I do love my wife though, so I guess it makes it all worth it !?! :)

Anonymous said...

Just wait!! If you have kids, THEN you will truley wonder what you did with all the free time you had without them!! Lol. Take care bro.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the busy weekdays too! I haven't experienced a non-honeymoon weekend yet, but my first week of working married life has been busy too. I come home from work tired then I try to put up some things, eat dinner, and by then I'm ready for bed again! I assume my energy level will balance out and the gifts will get put a way, and the house will be in order... am I right?!? But then it'll be time to add school and homework to the schedule. I love my hubby too so it'll be worth it!

Anonymous said...

My wife and I have been married for almost 6 years now, a few years ago we decided we are NOT going to work ourselves to death.

We STOPPED attending all the family crap, sending cards, getting involved in pointless civic activities that take up all your time.

My wife and I spend our weekends at home alone RELAXING. We sleep in till 10AM.

It took a lot of pushing people away to get things to this point. People thing being on the go all the time is the way to live, Ha, It's a WASTE of life.