Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Windows Vista???

Ok I anybody who knows me knows that I am a tech junky. I love computers, games, TVs, DVR's and sound systems. So it is fair to say that I keep up with quite a bit of tech news. So when I found out that the newly, soon to be released for second half of 2006, Windows Vista(aka longhorn) was delayed I was not shocked. Microsoft yet again proved that they are the only company in America that can get away with putting out a half finished product and offer "Service Packs" to fix the bugs they missed and/or not meet any deadline they ever set. If anyone remembers XP was late too. I am really getting sick of this crap from Microsoft. Unfortunitly I have to use it but I don't rely on it anymore. My company uses Lotus Domino and Notes, by the way IBM is a great company who actually puts out a quality product and they are always ontime, and I have quit using Office for anything that I can get from Open Office by Sun, another quality company. So with all of this said I thought I would link a few of my favorite software packages and a couple of good blogs for anyone who cares about tech.

Mozilla Firefox(Web Browser)
A quality Microsoft Office Replacement
IBM Lotus page
From there you can download a free Lotus Notes client that will do all your email needs
A Blog about IBM and Domino

These are just a couple links to some good software that isn't microsoft. So i guess you could say I have joined the anti microsoft group. GO LINUX!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah only a company like Microsoft could get by with that. But then again if I remember correctly, Macintosh doesn't list a release date for their new computers, so I guess it's just that if you have something people want, you can realease it when you want.

I'm close to switching over from the PC world at home.. scary, eh?